Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day, But I Don't Have Control Over It

I smiled as I walked across the hospital campus today. My day started by explaining the words problematic and systems to my daughter. If you have ever had a curious child, then you know how difficult and comical it is to try to define words like this is. Driving in, I chose to ignore the political discussions and shut off the radio altogether when they announced the polls had opened.

So off to my event I went with coffee in hand, eager to get down and dirty, and work for change. I smiled because of the opportunity of the day, but also because of the beauty of the campus, the weather, and the hospital.

I am not smiling tonight though. I am also trying to not be annoyed. OK, I have to carry my Little to bed now.

No comments: